Bali area reference:
|- South Bali:
||Nusadua, Jimbaran, Tuban, Kuta,
Seminyak, Kerobokan, Canggu, Sanur
|- Central Bali:
||Ubud, Bedugul, Kintamani, Tabanan
|- North Bali:
|- East Bali:
||Candi Dasa, Karangasem
|- West Bali:
This page is intended to help those who are looking for quick references of what you can
explore when staying at a hotel in
Bali. This list will go over things to do and give a short description of each town.
We highly recommend that you print this page and carrying it around while jumping around.
Please give us feedback about how useful this information is after your next trip!
• Batubulan: Daily barong
dance performance, fine stone
carvings, furniture, terracotta
• Mount Batukau: off the beaten
mossy shade of Pura Luhur
• Bedugul: highland retreat by
the lake, crater,
watersports, quality fruits and vegetables.
• Besakih Temple: Mother Temple
on Mount Agung, huge
complex of shrines, majestic.
• Candi Dasa: quiet newest resort
area, snorkeling, diving,
• Celuk: silver
and gold jewelry.
• Denpasar: rebuilt ancient city,
art center, museum,
• Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave):
8th century archaelogical
mystery, Buddhist inscriptions
and carvings, elephant head at entrance.
• Goa Lawah (Bat Cave): One-thousand
year old Shiva
temple, millions of fruit bats cover
• Jimbaran: Southwest Bali, fisherman
• Kintamani: Mountainous, spectacular
view by Lake Batur,
sunrise at peak of Mount Batur.
• Klungkung: Old Palaces, Kertha
Gosa Hall of Justice
(painted ceiling a la Sistine Chapel).
life, shops of
• Lovina: North near Singaraja,
still waters, dolphin watch.
• Negara: West Bali, water buffalo
races (Jul - Oct).
Dua : luxurious
and surfing, beaches,
• Nusa Lembongan: Bali's sister
island, coral and sand
beaches, crystal clear water, surfing.
• Sangeh: Monkey Forest, tall
nutmeg trees, aggressive
• Sanur: First resort of Bali,
black and white
• Singaraja: North Bali, main
port during colonial time,
quiet, culturally distinctive.
• Tabanan: mountains, rice field
terraces, black sand
• Tampaksiring: wood carving,
Tirta Empul temple and
sacred spring water, Sukarno's
Lot: Dramatic ocean front temple,
sunset, snake filled cave.
• Tenganan: East Bali, village
Aga, wonderful fabrics
• Tirta Gangga: East Bali, water
palace bathing place.
• Trunyan: Lake Batur village,
accessible only by boat,
Aga, the dead by a sacred tree.
Haven for the arts, paintings,
lush rice fields,
museums, galleries, dances.
• Uluwatu: Spectacular temple
on a cliff, real challenging